As ever, I’m full of questions. You folks have been so great since we launched this column at helping me sort through them. Here we go for another week!
- I wonder if we’ll recognize baseball when it comes back. Sure there will be pitchers and batters and in a form that’s still baseball, but in the rush to try to push through a plan to play, Mr. Manfred is hammering in DH, 7 inning games, Robot Umps, and possible drastic realignments.
- So, what happens if they find a way to play this season and then we get this second wave come winter and it gets chopped on the back end? Man, here’s hoping they figure some things out.
- This has nothing to do with baseball, but has anyone else realized they eat too much garlic now that we have to wear masks?
- The NFL draft is coming quick, what would MLB have to do to get anywhere near that kind of interest?
- MiLB is in real danger of contraction. I put together some maps, I hope this helps you visualize what’s happening.
Feel free to use these as you wish when discussing the issue, we’ll have a ton more coverage coming up.
Have a safe and happy Wednesday night everyone!